[Cuis] Array2D newSize:

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Thu Jul 16 08:23:35 CDT 2015

Hi Phil,

On 7/15/2015 9:49 PM, Phil (list) wrote:
> Glad that solved your problem but, ouch... that class is uncomfortably
> close in name and function to the 3DTransform package I'm using for
> OpenGL.  Juan: would you be open to using an extended version of my
> classes so that we don't run into namespace conflicts?

Indeed we need to do something with this. Check the "Math 3D" package.
It is based on "Balloon3D-Math" for Squeak by Andreas Raab, but I need
double precision for satellite image processing at work.

There is a lot of overlap with yours, but you are using 32 bit Floats.

> One advantage that the Matrix* and Vector* classes I'm using have is
> that they are mapped to native types which makes for transparent and
> easy use on a GPU (which aren't just for graphics anymore BTW.  Just add
> compute shaders and you have the fastest matrix math you've ever seen,
> assuming you've got medium or larger sets of data)

Yes. This is indeed great. We need to build a single, uniform package
with this stuff, that handles both 32 and 64 bit Floats and can take
advantage of GPUs.

BTW, have you used OpenCL from Cuis? I'll be needing to work with that
in a few months.