[Cuis] Fixed-Width Font

Dan Norton dnorton at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 18 13:56:46 CDT 2015

On 11 Jul 2015 at 13:46, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> On 7/10/2015 4:05 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
> > Yes, the only font now is DejaVu and it's a bitmap font. I found
> some fixed bitmap fonts
> > among the true types at:
> >
> > http://www.lowing.org/fonts/
> >
> > Adding a sublcass to AbstractFont to load one of these might be
> doable near-term until
> > Morphic 3 comes along. Porting TrueType from Squeak has a lot of
> drag.
> >

> ProFontWindows doesn't look bad. In any case, I built the Bitmap
> DejaVu
> fonts in Cuis (and Squeak and Pharo) by capturing the bits from the
> screen of a text editor, running the TTF. You can do the same with
> DejaVu Sans Mono or any other TTF / OTF / whatever.

Currently I am porting TrueType. By way of a progress report, drag has been reduced and by
installing

https://github.com/dhnorton/Cuis-Smalltalk-fonts

and cmd-d "tt := TTFontReader parseFileNamed:'c:\windows\fonts\cour.ttf'" you have a true
type instance "tt" which, when explored, bears a strong resemblance to the same thing if
done on Squeak, according to my eyeballs.

Now to transform(?) convert(?) this font to something which can be added to AvailableFonts
and used. WIBGI it could be used as is? There are several fixed-width fonts in the .ttf set.

 - Dan