[Cuis] Fwd: Re: DIRECT version number

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 09:09:24 CDT 2015

1) and 2) sounds like there is a need for an Ubuntu type of approach.

Labelled releases at regular intervals -- could be semi-annually or
annually. Some of them receive important bux fixes thus constituting
Long Term Releases.

Or stable vs unstable branches in github.

In two days on the 25th of July it will be exactly 2 years after the
last release of 4.2.   :-)

A point to consider as well is that what Juan is doing constitutes a
trunk from which releases are forked from time to time by other
people. The ones who run Feature Tests ....

--Hannes