[Cuis] Overriding the text styler

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 02:55:31 CDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 14:12 -0400, Phil (list) wrote:
> Juan,
>
> On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 09:10 -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> > Hi Phil,
> >
> > I think we should properly support your use case, and the possibility of
> > DSL workspaces with specific stylers.
> >
> > Do you have a working OMeta Styler?
> >

> Not yet...
>
> > If you have at least a barely working one, we'll work out the proper
> > styler selection for each code editor. Please don't work too much on the
> > styler selection, Once we have more than one styler, I'd like to
> > experiment with this a bit, and I don't want to risk you wasting too
> > much effort before we agree on how to do it.
> >

> That's all I needed to hear.  I will get an OMeta styler working ASAP so
> that we have something to play around with.  Initially I'll take the
> same approach that it uses for the compiler: use the same API as the
> existing Smalltalk styler.

OK, I now have a minimally functioning styler for OMeta (at least in the
code browser).  It's an elegant yet manual, force-fit, hack-and-slash
job: I've overridden the handful of methods that reference
SHTextStylerST80 to use a global variable containing the styler to use
and can alternate between the two stylers before opening a code browser
window.  It's one or the other right now: either you're using the
existing styler and only Smalltalk code gets styled or you're using my
new styler and only the OMeta code gets styled.  Is this far enough
along that you'd want to start playing with it?  If so, I'll mop up a
bit and push out to github.