[Cuis] Was a consensus reached re: HTTP/HTTPS?

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Mar 10 08:00:09 CDT 2015

Hi Folks,

WRT optional packages in the main Cuis repo, I don't think it is my
decision. I think that what is needed is consensus between people who
know and care about the options, pros and cons, etc. All I ask is that
no code in the main Cuis repo is abandoned. I mean, the moment we know
that something is badly broken, and nobody will work on fixing it in
some reasonable time, that's the time to remove that code.

In particular, wrt HTTP/HTTPS, I don't have much knowledge about the
options, and I'm not using any of them. So, I prefer you guys to make
the decision.

So, the proposal is to integrate into the mail Cuis repo, the packages at:
- https://github.com/davidgraham/Cuis-WebClient
- https://github.com/davidgraham/Cuis-UUID
- https://github.com/davidgraham/Cuis-DigitalSignatures

Please tell:
- Do you think this is the best option?
- Or you think it is not? (why? which would be better?)
- Or (like me) you don't really know, and you prefer those who know
better decide?

Let's give naysayers a chance to speak, and if we agree, I'll merge them.