[Cuis] isXXX methods? (was Re: 4 additions to core?)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed May 13 21:05:00 CDT 2015

Hi Hannes,

On 5/13/2015 4:54 PM, H. Hirzel wrote:
> I do not fully get you Juan.
>
> Could you provide a bit more context about what you want to do with the
>
>        isXXX
>
> methods?
>
> HH

I just think that Object has too many methods, and has a lot of methods
that are not the business of Object at all. A clear example is
#isMethodProperties. Does Object really need to know or care about
MethodProperties?

For the particular case of isXXX methods, in many cases they can be
replaced by a single #is: method that in Object just answers false. See
implementors in Cuis for its use.

There are many isXXX methods still in Cuis. #isHeap is an example.

HTH.