[Cuis] How to display underscore characters?

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Fri May 15 18:38:30 CDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-05-15 at 10:43 -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> Hi Hannes,
>
> If you want to show all undescores as such (ASCII69, Unicode, most
> modern systems), everywhere, evaluate:
>        StrikeFont useUnderscore
>
> If you want to get left arrows (ASCII63, classic ST-80), evaluate:
>        StrikeFont useLeftArrow
>
> Maybe you also want to see variable assignment as := . For this evaluate:
>       Preferences enable: #syntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeAnsiAssignment
>
> Note: By default, Cuis accepts underscores as assignment, and also as
> part of selectors and variable names. This works independently of the
> choice of the glyph to be shown. There are also preferences for
> controlling this.

A question related to this: not too long ago I had to fileout some code
that was derived from Cuis for use in a Pharo image and was surprised to
find there were quite a few places where underscore assignments are
still used in the core Squeak code... is there any way to do a mass
update to change the _ assignments to :=?