[Cuis] Compatibility packages folder? (was Re: isXXX methods? (was Re: 4 additions to core?))

David Graham dgraham at unthinkable.org
Sat May 16 14:48:03 CDT 2015

On 5/16/2015 1:19 PM, Phil (list) wrote:
> On Sat, 2015-05-16 at 10:50 -0500, David Graham wrote:
>> Sounds fine to me, but I'm wondering if it would be a good time to
>> create a separate github repo for non-core packages?  It would be nice
>> to have a central place for packages which are not ready or don't belong
>> in core.
>>
> We already have an index of non-core packages.  Centralizing into one
> repo would defeat the whole point of git.

Sorry, for clarification I wasn't trying to suggest that we put every
package made for Cuis into a single repo, just the commonly used ones.
Maybe just move what is now Packages into separate repo ?  In all
honesty, I don't have a strong opinion here, just brainstorming ways to
help grow the community and potentially lighten Juan's workload.

What I'd really like is to make all the legacy stuff like OSs, files,
and git go away. :)