[Cuis] Xtreams , Ometa and related

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed May 20 13:33:44 CDT 2015

Hi Phil,

On Wed, May 20, 2015 2:26 pm, Phil (list) wrote:
> Juan,
>

> On Wed, 2015-05-20 at 13:11 -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,

>>> I'm in favor of it but I may be in the minority on this.  If feels
>>> like a trade off of extensibility in favor of minimalism.
>>
>> Minimalism should be to empower us, not to impair us. Removing this was
>>  a mistake.
>>
>> Please try the attached. If it's ok, it will be in the next commit.
>>

> This is fantastic news!  I tried the changesets against 2330 but there
> still appear to be some direct calls left (around 2 dozen... filein failed
> on PositionableStream #fileInAnnouncing:)  I *believe* pretty much every
> reference to Compiler needs to be replaced with compilerClass for class of
> the method being compiled/compiled for (i.e. the caller).
>
>> Cheers,
>> Juan Vuletich
>>

> Thanks,
> Phil

I did as follow:
1) start Cuis 2330
2) Open file list
3) click on 2331
4) click on [install]
5) click on 2332
6) click on [install]
and got no error messages. Please detail what you did, and what error you
get.

The references to Compiler that are left are pretty much the same as in
Squeak 4.5. Which of those gives you problems?

Thanks,