[Cuis] OMeta 2

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Sun May 24 05:07:36 CDT 2015

Anyone have experience debugging the debugger? If so, I could use some
pointers...

In my latest repo commit I've included two variants of a rule (you'll
should be able to replicate if you have the examples loaded.)  One that
works:

OMeta2LambdaCalculusParserExample debugMatchAll: 'x and y;x*y' with:
#root.

And one that doesn't:

OMeta2LambdaCalculusParserExample debugMatchAll: 'x and y;x*y' with:
#rootHang.

The second command is supposed to crash and bring up the debugger but
appears to get caught in an infinite loop after calling 'self halt' in
its error handling code.  You can break out of it via alt|cmd-. and get
to the debugger but the backtrace is all about the problems the
debugger is having, not the original halt. I have every confidence that
this is the result of OMeta failing to do something that is needed for
the debugger to function properly.  The problem I'm having is figuring
out how to debug the debugger.  When I break out of the loop I see the
nil object in the context list, but what's that object supposed to be
and where would it be set / set up?  Any ideas/pointers to docs or
relevant email discussions on debugging crashes in the debugger itself?

(Note: I had this issue even running OMeta under Squeak 3.10 so I
suspect there was something that got changed since 3.8/3.9 that broke
this functionality as I've never seen it working properly...)

Thanks,
Phil