[Cuis] serialization in Cuis

Ignacio Sniechowski 0800nacho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 12:42:53 CST 2015

Hi Juan,
Thanks for your response.
I’m not trying to serialize classes but instances of them.
Suppose theres a class called Memo with an ivar “content”
Then I want to be able add to the instances the posibility of storing their data.
fileOut is great for classes I use it a lot!
But I want a way to preserve data outside the image, so it can be loaded when a new image is used.
thanks!
Nacho

--
Ignacio Sniechowski
Prosavic SRL

On November 6, 2015 at 3:13:25 PM, Juan Vuletich (juan at jvuletich.org) wrote:

Hi Nacho,

On 11/1/2015 11:45 PM, nacho wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I'm trying to add support for serializing instances of a class.
> I'm looking at System-Object Storage
> And in particular to the class SmartRefStream which seems to add that
> functionality. However, the class has no comments and no examples.
> Is there some example which uses this class? a short demo? an example?
> Thanks in advance!!
> best
> Nacho

Are we browsing the same system? SmartRefStream class comment is 6016
characters here. Superclass ReferenceStream has a class comments of 2875
characters. DataStream and ReferenceStream have class methods that start
with 'example'. Looking for references to these classes also brings
useful examples of usage.

In any case, the usual way to serialize classes is fileOut. Why doesn't
this work for you? What problem are you trying to solve?