[Cuis] FAST conference

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Nov 16 12:53:49 CST 2015

Hi Hari,

On 11/14/2015 11:37 AM, Hari Balaraman wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> It was very nice to sit down and chat with you on the sidelines of the
> conference. Thank you for taking the time to look at my stuttering
> project and offer advice (on the history of projects, strangely, some
> others I talked to didn’t recognise the names Mark Guzdial and Bijan
> Parsia.) Although I missed first two days because of careless travel
> planning, I’m hoping FAST will put videos of the presentations on the
> website so I can catch up.

It was my pleasure!

> The two people at Toronto Smalltalk Users Group I mentioned are Bob
> Nemec and Dave Mason, a professor at Ryerson University. My knowledge
> of the use of SmallTalk in the CS curriculum there is second or
> third-hand and so may not be current. I haven’t actually met them as
> the one Monday evening I was able to make it to TSUG, I was late and
> both of them had left by then. :)

Nice to know, thanks.

> Thanks for the tip on visiting the bookshops on Avenida Corrientes in
> this amazing city. I passed it on the way home and realised I haven’t
> gone down this street in my wanderings. If you are going to be in the
> city before Tuesday afternoon, and are free and bored, do let me know.

Well, during the weekend I tried to spend some time with family. Also on
Saturday we spent time with other fellow Smalltalkers, including the
organizers, and their families. So, I only read this today. If you are
still around on Tuesday evening, we can drink some beer, coffee,
whatever, after office. If you leave on Tuesday afternoon, maybe we can
have lunch tomorrow Tuesday. The rest of the day I'm at work, as you
would expect... :)