[Cuis] ColorEditor updated

Dan Norton dnorton at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 31 21:01:06 CDT 2015

On 29 Oct 2015 at 16:56, KenD wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I updated Morphic-ColorEditor for simpler layout and font
> preferences updating.
>
> I also updated Morphic-Misc1 for font preferences update.
>
> Dan, note that the Morphic-ColorEditor uses #when:send:to: for
> updates.  You can file it in and check senders.

I've done that and I see that messages to SystemChangeNotifier are not required in order to
use the method.

Also, the dependency mechanism itself uses #when:send:to:.

Any object can use  #when:send:to: because it is an Object instance method.

So, should this be named a different mechanism or is it just a different use of the
dependency mechanism?

If it's a different mechanism, is "Signals" the right name? This by Marcel Taeumel:

https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects/wiki/signals#Featu
reComparison

 - Dan