[Cuis] Effect of Cursor Movement

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Sep 11 11:57:06 CDT 2015

Hi Dan,

(below)
On 9/11/2015 1:19 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> To see this, Bring up BouncingAtomsMorph, enlarge the window, set a high atoms count so
> that you can easily sense atom movement.
>
> Notice how movement speeds up when the cursor is moved and slows when it stops? Turn
> on FPS. On my machine, frame rate is about 22 with no cursor movement and increases to
> around 36 when the cursor is moving. The cursor does not have to be in the window. It can
> be anywhere.
>
> Why should that be? It may not be a problem, but it is a curiosity. Any explanation?
>
> BTW this is Win7, cogwin-15.33.3427, Cuis 2478.
>
>   - Dan

Haven't even taken a look, so if I did maybe I would find something
else... but for sure Cuis is triggering MouseMoveEvents, and looking for
possible interested parties. That, on each Morphic cycle. So, each
Morphic cycle might take a bit longer, and FPS can go a bit down.

In any case, if you are curious, you can take a closer look. Often,
questions like this lead to possible optimizations!