[Cuis] Regular Expressions

KenD Ken.Dickey at Whidbey.com
Tue Nov 22 10:29:30 CST 2016

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 10:39:52 -0300
Edgar De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks:
> I wish remove tags from HTMlL
> According to https://regex101.com/ and http://www.freeformatter.com/regex-tester.html and also of my old Nissus Pro.
>
> <.+?>
>
> Should be a valid expression.
>
> But
>
>  regex|
> regex := RxMatcher forString: '<.+?>’.
>
> Gives my an error.
>
> Any help ?

Edgar,

Sorry for the delay.  Busy lives..

I found https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Smalltalk-RegEx but this code is very old and simply loaded fails most test cases (see notes below).

The Cuis-Smalltalk-RegEx code definitely signals an error for the example you site, even though
  RegEx-Core RxParser DOCUMENTATION c:syntax:
description would appear to support this use case.

What source of RegEx are you using?  Is there a Cuis Package available?

Note that I have zero experience with this package but am happy to help out as I get time.

Best wishes,
-KenD

https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Smalltalk-RegEx notes:

1) Needs requirements (tests should require core should require Squeak compatibility).

2) Line endings should be newLines.

3) Needs added compatibility methods, e.g.:

'
Array>>contains: other

	^ self includes: other
'

'
Character>>sameAs: otherChar
	"Case independent compare"

	(self class) = (otherChar class) ifFalse: [ ^ false ].

	^(self asLowercase) = (otherChar asLowercase)
'