[Cuis] cuis on pda

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Aug 15 05:09:16 CDT 2012

Hi Jerry!

I hope you're doing well. Haven't had news from you for some time...

My apologies. I answered Juan's message without realizing that it was in
foreign language for this list... Thanks!

Juan Diaz said:
People of Cuis, I need to run a Smalltalk on a PDA with WinCE 5.0.
Someone told me Cuis could run on PDA. Any idea is welcome.

And I answered:
You need a VM for your platform. Some time ago I used one from
http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/WinCE/ , the non GAPI one.
These VMs are old, and they don't support closures. Therefore they can
run Cuis 1.0, but not newer versions. You can also compile your own VM.