[Cuis] Compose a Cuis distribution from *.pck files? (was Re: [Fwd: Re: [squeak-dev] Squeaksource, Squeak and Pharo..])

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 00:51:54 CST 2012

There are about 40 branches with names like 'Seaside', 'Omnibrowser',
'Filesystem' ....

and the tags are used for version numbers.

It seems that the integration/development of a subsystem is done in a branch.

I think we all have to read Chapter 3 of the git book

http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Branching

<citation>
Some people refer to the branching model in Git as its “killer
feature” , and it certainly sets Git apart in the VCS community. Why
is it so special? The way Git branches is incredibly lightweight,
making branching operations nearly instantaneous and switching back
and forth between branches generally just as fast. Unlike many other
VCSs, Git encourages a workflow that branches and merges often, even
multiple times in a day. Understanding and mastering this feature
gives you a powerful and unique tool and can literally change the way
that you develop.
</citation>

:-)

--Hannes