[Cuis] A few proposed is: additions

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 10:33:18 CDT 2012

Casey,

On Jun 18, 2012, at 3:33 AM, Casey Ransberger wrote:

> Top post: a lot of iterations to see the difference? That's different. Still wondering if I'm still missing the point of this thread, but are you running on Cog or the interpreter?

I'm running Cog on an i7-2600.  On that configuration, the fastest test completes in 0.07 seconds and the slowest in 0.7 seconds.  I just ran the same tests under the classic VM and the fastest test completes in 0.7 seconds and the slowest in 3 seconds (the relative performance of old vs. new changes to from 2x faster to 2x slower).  What results are you seeing on your machine? (if necessary, feel free to lower the iterations in LetsGetDownToIssness #timing from 5,000,000)

Thanks,
Phil