[Cuis] Good stuff! Pharo Compat, PetitParser

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sat May 19 16:51:50 CDT 2012

Hi Germán, (CC Lukas because this message is in part about his work.)

I'm looking at the projects you've posted on GitHub related to Cuis. This looks like great stuff!

I'm particularly interested in your Pharo compatibility layer. There are a lot of applications in Pharo that I'd love to see running atop Cuis, especially PetitParser. Have you written any blogs or tutorials about it, or is it as yet mostly undocumented?

I had planned to eventually build layers like this for both Squeak and Pharo, but it's really quite a lot of work and I never got it started up, so (at least for Pharo,) I'd quite rather commit to what you've already done than duplicate your work. If this is something you will maintain, I would like to declare myself a supporter of your project (even if I may not be able to contribute very much.)

Also, Lukas: thanks for listening. Hoping to have PetitParser working in my favorite image soon; got it working in Squeak a year or so ago, but I'm not using Squeak so much anymore.

Thanks for contributing to Cuis, Germán!

Casey