[Cuis] Good stuff! Pharo Compat, PetitParser

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Sat May 19 18:43:54 CDT 2012

Hi Casey, folks:

2012/5/19 Casey Ransberger <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com>:
> Hi Germán, (CC Lukas because this message is in part about his work.)
>
> I'm looking at the projects you've posted on GitHub related to Cuis. This looks like great stuff!

Thanks, but as I've said before, most is work in progress, with
uncertain end date :)

> I'm particularly interested in your Pharo compatibility layer. There are a lot of applications in Pharo that I'd love to see running atop Cuis, especially PetitParser. Have you written any blogs or tutorials about it, or is it as yet mostly undocumented?

Not, sorry, almost all are packages adapted in the way to make Zinc
installable on Cuis, but I'm far still.

> I had planned to eventually build layers like this for both Squeak and Pharo, but it's really quite a lot of work and I never got it started up, so (at least for Pharo,) I'd quite rather commit to what you've already done than duplicate your work. If this is something you will maintain, I would like to declare myself a supporter of your project (even if I may not be able to contribute very much.)

Thanks, any help will be important. But I like to be honest, I'm doing
this only in my very limited spare time, and currently I have almost
not free time.

> Also, Lukas: thanks for listening. Hoping to have PetitParser working in my favorite image soon; got it working in Squeak a year or so ago, but I'm not using Squeak so much anymore.
>

> Thanks for contributing to Cuis, Germán!

Thanks! I really like Cuis, I know and respect a lot to Juan and i
would like to invest a lot more of time, but.....I need to pay the
bills also and I must do payed work also.

I'm not crying, only letting clear that I can't compromise dates nor
continuity of my work in this area.

> Casey

Cheers,
Germán.