[Cuis] Fwd: Re: [ANN] Cuis-ExtraThemes

David Graham david at unthinkable.org
Tue May 22 21:28:49 CDT 2012

On 5/22/12 4:46 PM, Casey ransberger wrote:
>  Top post: This is great!
>
>  Themes are squarely art, and so I hope this critique is okay...

Always okay with me.

>  I really like your theme *a lot,* but it think there isn't quite
>  enough contrast in the list views of the browser. I think it's a hair
>  too hard to read the selected list items. If I was you, I'd add a
>  touch more contrast.

Done. Text adjusted one hair easier. :)

>  That said! This is a better late-night hacker theme than my goofy
>  proof-of-concept contrast dark theme. I did that mainly to see how far
>  I could stretch what I'd done in Theme, but I never worried much about
>  how usable or pretty it was.
>
>  With just a little bit of tweaking, we could unload my contrast-dark
>  and replace it with Wintermute in the core system, I think. Wintermute
>  is the better art in this case, or that's my opinion (from this
>  screenshot) anyway. You mentioned running into problems; can you
>  elaborate? I like this and I want to help.

You're more than welcome to use it in core.  I'm still not completely
satisfied, but will keep the repo updated with my tweaks.

Here's my theme ToDo / exploration list:
- save as dialog doesn't observe paneBackgroundFrom setting
- Message Names doesn't observe useUniformColors
- Change Sorter and SUnit don't observe paneBackgroundFrom in list view
- disable button label embossing
- Adjust system text sizes from theme
- Separate shout colors for messages and message parameters (with the
ability to turn off italics).

Should we use these to get the github issue tracker rolling?