[Cuis] Choosing an HTTP framework

David Graham david at unthinkable.org
Wed May 23 23:33:24 CDT 2012

On 5/23/12 9:04 PM, Germán Arduino wrote:
> Hi Guys:
>
> Ok, I will try to comment my attempts.
>
> I think that Zinc is currently the best maintained http framework
> (client but also have a server version and a secure server version
> (ssl) named Zodiac).

I concur, but to be honest, it's the only smalltalk http framework I've
ever tried to use directly (the first smalltalk app I wrote was a simple
web service using Zinc on Pharo).  Sven (Zinc creator) is very quick
with patches and code examples on the mailing list.  The only drawback I
can think of is that since it accurately captures the expansiveness that
is the HTTP spec in an OO format and provides a lot of flexibility, it
is large and somewhat complex.

I was also evaluating a port of Zodiac, mostly so I can download files
from github directly into the image.