[Cuis] Choosing an HTTP framework

David Graham david at unthinkable.org
Thu May 24 23:20:40 CDT 2012

On 5/23/12 7:40 AM, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> We need to pick an http framework. It would be best to be compatible
> with the most used and best maintained one, and not fork it. I haven't
> been following them, so I can't say much. So far, candidates would be
> Zinc and WebClient/WebServer. Anyone suggest other options? Germán,
> Casey, please answer to this threads with comments on the status of
> your efforts, links to code, what you expect to be able to do and how
> we can do it together.

I don't think it'll be much help to say they both look like viable
candidates from my perspective. :)  I've used Zinc and liked it; today I
downloaded WebClient/WebServer just to take a closer look and endded up
getting WebClient>>httpGet: working.  I uploaded the package if anyone
wants to take a look:
https://github.com/davidgraham/Cuis-WebClient

One thing that I would like to see is the ability to download Cuis
updates and packages from within the image.  Since github only allows
https connections, I packaged Cuis-SecureSocket (SqueakSSL port) to
experiment.