[Cuis] [ANN] Cuis-SecureSocket

Daniel Lyons fusion at storytotell.org
Fri May 25 16:46:26 CDT 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 04:40:17PM -0500, David Graham wrote:
> This is closely related to something that I'm genuinely curious
> about.  I don't consider myself experienced enough to fully
> understand all the issues surrounding smalltalk DVCS, but it seems
> like everyone is moving towards file-based DVCSs (i.e. git) for
> smalltalk code.  Is the future direction to move away from smalltalk
> tools and integrate file based tools?  Again, it may be my
> inexperience, but it seems like a strange trend for such a powerful
> programming environment.

Does Monticello count as file based? The integrated support in Pharo
w/ Nautilus is pretty sophisticated; you can see diffs and things
right in the browser. It's pretty cool. It does store the changes in
the filesystem, but that's not where most of the version control
activity takes place.

--
Daniel Lyons