[Cuis] First Satellogic launch

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Apr 26 10:48:20 CDT 2013

Hi Folks,

Early this morning, with Satellogic, we successfully launched "Captain
Beto" (a.k.a. CubeBug-1), the first Argentine CubeSat. The objective of
this first mission is technology demonstration, and testing of several
electronic and mechanical system. This is the result of two years of
work. All the technology development, design and build was done by us in
Argentina.

Launch was done at China, together with Chinese, Equatorian and Turk
satellites.

Our sat is now in orbit, 400 miles high. Speed is about 17,000 miles per
hour. The satellite is operative, and we confirmed that energy and
communications systems work properly.

You can follow it live at http://satellogic.com/cubemap/ . If you have
access to ham radio equipment, you can listen to it. Orbital and
communications data at http://1.cubebug.org/orbit .

Some news on the media:
http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/sociedad/3-218803-2013-04-26.html
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1576327-lanzaron-con-exito-un-nano-satelite-argentino