[Cuis] First Satellogic launch

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Fri Apr 26 18:36:36 CDT 2013

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:48:20 -0300
Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> Early this morning, with Satellogic, we successfully launched "Captain
> Beto" (a.k.a. CubeBug-1), the first Argentine CubeSat.
> Our sat is now in orbit, 400 miles high. Speed is about 17,000 miles per
> hour. The satellite is operative, and we confirmed that energy and
> communications systems work properly.

So cool!!

Between the new pope and this satellite, Argentina has celestial coverage in both spiritual and extra-terrestrial realms.

Seems the place is getting more interesting all the time.  I'm going to have to start saving up for a trip.

Good on ya,
-KenD
--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com