[Cuis] A formal presentation to the list

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 12:08:53 CST 2013

Welcome Nacho

You mention that you work in a company where most of the software is
developed by you.

Then this presentation by Germán Arduino is probably of interest for you

    http://www.slideshare.net/garduino1/smalltalk-and-microisvs

Citation:
    Personal Mastery: If a system is to serve the creative spirit, it
must be entirely comprehensible to a single individual.

[1] Design Principles Behind Smalltalk - Dan Ingalls

However this mostly applies to the core and in addition there are now
quite a number of libraries available for Cuis with a simple loader
mechanism. It is not strictly necessary to understand everything.

One of the strong points of Cuis is that a single person --- Juan
Vuletich --- has cleaned up the core. And a fully working core image
with less than 500 classes is the published artifact.

A 'Renaissance' approach as he describes in his slides on Smalltalks
2013. There are no longer 13 versions of GUI buttons with duplicate
functions but just 3.

Regards
Hannes