[Cuis] Audio and Video Object Analysis

Kirk Fraser overcomer.man at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 23:27:22 CST 2013

Is voice recognition possible to do real time in Cuis?  I just ran some of
the new Cuis package FFT demos and the plot speed is very slow compared to
what is needed for voice recognition, in my opinion.  On the other hand, it
still might be useful to get the software working slowly in Cuis on recorded
audio files then convert to C++ or some language for real time voice like
from a laptop microphone.

What is making it slow?  I'm using the latest Cog.  Would it help enough to
build a multi-core machine to avoid most of the operating system overhead?
Is there some switch in Cuis to speed things up?  Thanks.