[Cuis] Audio and Video Object Analysis

Kirk Fraser overcomer.man at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 00:55:11 CST 2013

More speed ideas...

I read of a Neural Net algorithm that was made faster by conversion from
floating point to integer math.  Is it possible to convert FFT from
floating point to integer?  I see no author tag on the code, just a book
reference,  Does anyone understand FFT enough to help explain how it works
in enough detail to redesign it to use integers?

Some for profit Smalltalk versions have shown signs of being fast on
graphics such as bouncing ball demos.  Is there some tweak that can be
ported to Cuis?

If there are no fixes for Cuis and rewriting FFT is in theory not possible,
then is there another language I should be looking at?  A faster Smalltalk?
 Should I try to reverse engineer the older but simpler Digitalk
Smalltalk/V to use Cog?

I remember an old Borland C++ demo pasted circles to a much older computer
display quite fast. What is the fastest object language that gives maximum
peripheral access?  Or is there another solution I should be looking at?

Thanks anyone...