[Cuis] Audio and Video Object Analysis

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Dec 17 22:09:24 CST 2013

(abridged)

On 12/17/2013 1:53 PM, Kirk Fraser wrote:
> ... that is one problem with Smalltalk - so little documentation.  It
> seems original programmers expect following programmers to just know
> what they did and why.

Well, the idea is that documentation is secondary to code. Smalltalk
code is to be read and understood by humans.

>  Or how to do something with it that should be obvious like how to get
> rid of a morph.
>
> Juan,
> Cuis 4.2 has a glitch in that department which 4.1 didn't have.  Now
> when you minimize a window it provides a window icon at the bottom
> with a label but the label morph doesn't go away when you expand the
> window.

Please, give a more detailed list of steps to reproduce the problem. I
just tried minimizing a window (clicking on the orange button at the top
left) and the clicking on the thumbnail in the taskbar. I didn't see any
problem.

> Is there an easier way than returning to the original download and
> reinstalling Cuis?  In Cuis 1.2 all one needs to do is control click
> on the morph to get a menu to delete it.  What is the way now?

To remove a window, click on the top left red button with a 'x' on it.
To remove any morph, middle click on it to open a halo. The top left
handle is the 'delete' handle. WRT to an easier way, it depends on what
you want to do. If you want Cuis 1.2, yes, the easiest way is to
download it and use it. If you want to understand the latest Cuis, the
easiest way is to play with it and study it.