[Cuis] OSProcess status

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Dec 20 08:15:25 CST 2013

On 12/18/2013 8:42 AM, Frank Shearar wrote:
> On 18 December 2013 03:45, Juan Vuletich<juan at jvuletich.org>  wrote:
>> Given that extracting the code from a MCZ file is not hard, I could write a
>> simple tool to allow converting an MCZ file to .pck.st format. This tool
>> would also convert newline characters (cr, crlf, lf) to Cuis default: lf.
> How difficult do you think it would be to write the reverse tool,
> converting a .pck.st to MCZ? I'm thinking of something that could say
> "I depend on this repository, at this commit id" and grab something
> from github. The user just sees an MCZ. I suspect the hard part is the
> fact that an MCZ has a UUID identifier and a funny name. Something
> would need to remember that this tag in the git repository mapped to
> this (UUID, author, version number) triple. A masochist would suggest
> storing that in the tag itself...

I don't know. I've been avoiding learning too much about the internals
of Monticello. Given that .pck.st is esentially a changeset, this
question is better suited to Monticello experts.

BTW, you are thinking about making tools aware of GitHub. I think it
better to manage repos with their own tools, and just use the file
system from Smalltalk.