[Cuis] OSProcess status

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 05:56:23 CST 2013

On 20 December 2013 22:21, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
> On 12/20/2013 11:38 AM, Frank Shearar wrote:
>>
>> The opposite, actually: if I can map git commits containing changesets
>> to Monticello packages, I can have all the MC tools Just Work(tm). One
>> option is to have a postcommit hook in the git repository that
>> publishes an MCZ based off the changeset, I suppose. (MCZs look a
>> whole lot like jar files, which are closer to deployable artifacts
>> than source code revisions.)
>>
>> frank
>

> I see. Good luck with that.

That's a very polite way of saying "go away" :) Really, the point I
was aiming for was that if OSProcess was hosted in git/on GitHub, and
we had such a mapping, it would make Cuis' life easier (hey, it's
trivial to wrap up in a pck.st!), and Squeak's and Pharo's no worse
(hey, my tools still work!). Because unless we make it easier to
cross-pollinate (like sharing a codebase), the work to keep a package
running increases at at least O(n), where n is the number of supported
dialects.

I don't actually expect _you_ to do the work of mapping back to MCZs.
You have more than enough on your plate already. But it would be nice
to know that if someone did this work, that Cuis wouldn't reject it.

frank