[Cuis] About adding a Unicode handling porting layer

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 05:24:01 CST 2013

Ken

Having a comparison of a specification/implementation of a simple
Unicode layer in another language is helpful.

https://code.google.com/p/chibi-scheme/source/browse/lib/scheme/char.sld  [1]

So my aim is at doing something similar in the sense that I want to
leave Cuis 4.1 more or less as is (maybe minor corrections) and then
have an Add-On for more Unicode support.

Thank you

--Hannes

[1]
(define-library (scheme char)
(import (scheme base))
(cond-expand
(full-unicode
(import (chibi char-set full)
(chibi char-set base)
(chibi iset base))
(include "char/full.scm")
(include "char/case-offsets.scm"))
(else
(include "char/ascii.scm")
(import
(only (chibi)
string-ci<=? string-ci<? string-ci=? string-ci>=? string-ci>?
char-ci<=? char-ci<? char-ci=? char-ci>=? char-ci>?
char-alphabetic? char-lower-case? char-numeric?
char-upper-case? char-whitespace? digit-value
char-upcase char-downcase))))
(include "digit-value.scm")
(export
char-alphabetic? char-ci<=? char-ci<? char-ci=? char-ci>=? char-ci>?
char-downcase char-foldcase char-lower-case? char-numeric?
char-upcase char-upper-case? char-whitespace? digit-value
string-ci<=? string-ci<? string-ci=? string-ci>=? string-ci>?
string-downcase string-foldcase string-upcase))