[Cuis] [4.1] Porting need: HelpSystem

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 06:20:44 CST 2013

Hello

On 1/5/13, Germán Arduino <garduino at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is always a challenge, I mean collect all the knowledge disperse on
> the mailing lists.

Yes.

> Don't think you that more than tons of workspaces we should port the Help
> System? Someone looked into it to understand if is a big job?

Yes, I think as well that mid term we need the help system from Squeak ported.
It is included in Squeak and was done by Torsten Bergmann. It is on
www.squeaksource.com but as it is now part of the Squeak image I
suggest to take that version.

As for now having a few workspaces more (see the current help menu in
the screen shot) is not an issue, I think.

     5 entries so far

Maybe we can have a dividing bar after them so separate the five
entries from 'VM statistics' and 'Space left'.

Let's focus on more tests, useful expressions, code snippets to adapt and notes.
(see the other mails of mine today)

Another area to give some example code is "File operations".

However it is probably not a big effort to port the HelpSystem (I did
not check, maybe between 1....10 hours :-)   ),

It might be a good starting point for somebody who wants to get into
porting packages to Cuis. So if anybody wants to take this one, that
is very fine.

Kind regards

--Hannes