[Cuis] [4.1] Porting need: HelpSystem

Angel Java Lopez ajlopez2000 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 06:44:12 CST 2013

Hi people!

I'm the "non-smalltalk dev" in this list ;-)  And I want to say something.

Yes, I know there is the "Smalltalk way" of doing many things... but... in
other technologies, no help system is practically used (since last decade?
more?). The flow is:

- Google search
- Giving post resulst, or stack overflow question, answers

For samples, if the project is hosted in GitHub, usually there is a samples
folder in the project. (well, I'm very proud of my samples in CobolScript
https://github.com/ajlopez/CobolScript/tree/master/samples
;-)

The main use cases are usually described in .md pages at GitHub project
site. You can add images too (see the raw version of
https://github.com/ajlopez/CobolScript/tree/master/samples/templateweb to
see how to link to a image hosted in the same GitHub project site).

You have the option of having a site, the branch gh-page, with an static
site. And there are static sites generators, like Octopress.

I put simple online demo of my AjTalkJs (Smalltalk in JavaScript) in the
gh-page branch of:
https://github.com/ajlopez/AjTalkJs
it was published as
http://ajlopez.github.com/AjTalkJs/

As another branches, it can received pull request for improvements.

There is an administration option to create that branch with an initial
style, and there are third--parties GitHub styles.

My 2 cents

Angel "Java" Lopez
@ajlopez
github:ajlopez