[Cuis] About Squeak's FFI package ported to Cuis

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:48:11 CST 2013

On 1/16/13, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
> Hi Hannes,
>
> H. Hirzel wrote:
>> And I see that there is as well FFI
>>
>> https://github.com/bpieber/Cuis-StyledTextEditor/blob/master/FFI.pck
>>
>> Where did the code come from?
>> What is the status?

..

> It came from Squeak's FFI package. The status is usable. I used it only
> on Windows, but there should not be (big) problems to use it on other
> platforms.

Thank you, Juan,  for the clarification. Good to know that we have the
FFI (Foreign Function Interface) package in Cuis.

Squeak has the following load script in the 'extending the system' workspace

(Installer repository: 'http://source.squeak.org/FFI')
	install: 'FFI-Pools';
	install: 'FFI-Kernel';
	install: 'FFI-Tests';
	install: 'FFI-Win32';
	install: 'FFI-MacOS';
	install: 'FFI-Unix'.

So I assume you took the code from http://source.squeak.org/FFI?

Your https://github.com/bpieber/Cuis-StyledTextEditor/blob/master/FFI.pck
was changed 9 months ago.

In that case probably everything released in 2011 was included but not
the updates by Torsten Bergmann, right?

Just curious, do you remember, was it more or less a 1:1 file-in as it
does not touch GUI classes or did you have to do changes?

--Hannes