[Cuis] Definition of Cuis parts

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sat Jan 19 16:45:15 CST 2013

Hi Juan,

Now that Squeak supports Environments I thought a little bit what it would take to load Cuis' Morphic and STE in Squeak. The minimum would be to define three logical parts of Cuis:
1. Core: needed by Morphic & STE, but reasonably compatible with Squeak
2. Morphic: Morphic itself, needed by Morphic & STE, but quite incompatible with Squeak
3. Other (Applications, Tools, System, Support, Tests): neither needed by Morphic nor STE

If we had defined these, then we would need to "just" file out the Morphic part and STE and file it in in a separate Squeak environment and do some fairly minimal compatibility changes, right? ;-)

Seriously, I looked briefly at the class categories and came up with first rough separation. See below. Can you have a look? Do you see any obvious errors? Any categories in Core which are not needed by Morphic? Any categories in Core which are needed but are not reasonably compatible with Squeak? Any categories in Morphic which are optional for STE? Any categories in Other which are needed by Morphic or STE?

Cheers,
Bernhard

1. Core: needed by Morphic & STE, but reasonably compatible with Squeak
Balloon-Collections
Collections-Abstract
Collections-Arrayed
Collections-Sequenceable
Collections-SkipLists
Collections-Streams
Collections-Support
Collections-Unordered
Collections-Weak
Compiler-Exceptions
Compiler-Kernel
Compiler-ParseNodes
Compiler-Support
Compiler-Syntax
Kernel-Chronology
Kernel-Classes
Kernel-Magnitudes
Kernel-Methods
Kernel-Numbers
Kernel-Objects
Kernel-Processes
Network-Kernel
Package Support
SUnit
SUnit-Preload

2. Morphic: Morphic itself, needed by Morphic & STE, but quite incompatible with Squeak
Graphics-Display Objects
Graphics-Files
Graphics-Files-TIFF
Graphics-Primitives
Graphics-Text
Kernel-Text
Morphic-Basic
Morphic-Events
Morphic-Halos
Morphic-Kernel
Morphic-Layouts
Morphic-Menus
Morphic-Support
Morphic-Tests
Morphic-Text Support
Morphic-Tools
Morphic-Views for Models
Morphic-Widgets
Morphic-Worlds
Shout-Parsing
Shout-Styling
UCompletion
System-Exceptions Extensions
System-Exceptions Kernel
System-Files
System-Object Storage
System-Text
System-TextAttributes
Theme-Core
Theme-Tests
Theme-Themes

3. Other (Applications, Tools, System, Support, Tests): neither needed by Morphic nor STE
Compiler-Tests
GraphicsTests-Primitives
Kernel-Tests
KernelTests-Numbers