[Cuis] [ANN] JSON for Cuis

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 22:47:02 CST 2013

Hey fantastic! I can cross off one of the reasons I'm still using Squeak
trunk for backend services.

Here's a fun observation I made a couple of years ago. Smalltalk's
semantics make something rather hard in some systems very easy: if you
ensure that every argument you want to make to a remote message send can be
JSON'd, you can basically package the whole thing up #asJson (IIRC, that
might not be the right selector) and fire it over HTTP. Voila, instant RPC,
and in a format that other systems can even decode.

Thanks again for doing all of this porting work, Germán.

--
Casey Ransberger