[Cuis] Definition of Cuis parts

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jan 22 15:44:48 CST 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 09:38:57PM +0100, Bernhard Pieber wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for the list of tips. See my other mail to Juan in this thread.
>
> I wonder if it would be essential to unload Morphic from Squeak? Could CuisMorphic not just be loaded in addition?

It is not essential. But making Squeak Morphic reloadable is a good thing
to do anyway, so if I had enough time to do all the things on the list, I
would do this first, and load Cuis Morphic second. There are a number of
globals and interdependencies between Morphic and Projects in Squeak, and
my guess is that making Morphic reloadable would force a lot of this to be
cleaned up, which in turn would make it easier to load Cuis Morphic.

> How difficult would it be to create a CuisMorphicProject? I see the current two subclasses MVCProject and MorphicProject have quite a few methods. How many of them are the bare minimum? Can you estimate how much effort it would take?

This would be very similar to the proof of concept in "SimpleMorphic for Squeak",
which is incomplete but is good enough to show most of what needs to be done.
The code is on SqueakSource at http://www.squeaksource.com/SimpleMorphicSqueak.

It is not a small project, but it can be done.

Dave