[Cuis] About Squeak's FFI package ported to Cuis

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:20:15 CST 2013

Hello Juan

tank you for the explanations how to find out about the porting
status. This is fine. However I think it is easier for future porting
efforts to archive a copy of the original in the same repository.

I now have created an FFI repository on github

    https://github.com/hhzl/Cuis-FFI

As initial commit it contains a copy of what you have done:

   https://github.com/bpieber/Cuis-StyledTextEditor/blob/master/FFI.pck

And in the branch
    https://github.com/hhzl/Cuis-FFI/tree/UpdateJanuary2013

I am working on a update.

I add the FFI-Tests category. I only did two minor fixes and it is
left with 3 tests failing.

Details see
    https://github.com/hhzl/Cuis-FFI/blob/UpdateJanuary2013/notes/PortingNotes.md

Actually only one thing prevents them from all passing.

The <primitive: 'primitiveFFIIntegerAtPut' module:'SqueakFFIPrims'> fails.

Here I do not know how to continue.

You write in another thread that you used it on MSWindows. What did
you use it for? Could you provide an example?

Kind regards

Hannes Hirzel