[Cuis] About Squeak's FFI package ported to Cuis

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Jan 28 07:34:50 CST 2013

Hi Hannes,

H. Hirzel wrote:
> Hello Juan
>
> On 1/25/13, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
>
>> I did
>>     FFITestPoint2 defineFields.
>>     FFITestPoint4 defineFields.
>> And all test pass. :) Maybe they'd be called from a class side
>> #initialize method?
>>

> I still have errors in the FFITests.
>
> Which version did you use for your tests?
>
> http://source.squeak.org/FFI/
>
> Regards
> Hannes

This is what I did (I'm doing it again right now to detail the steps):
- In Win XP, start Cuis4.1-1576 with Eliot's Cog VM 4.0.0 (release) from
Jan 14 2013.
- Installed your 'Cuis-FFI-UpdateJanuary2013' as of 1/24. First
FFI.pck.st, then FFI-Tests.pck.st
- Open SUnitTestRunner. Run FFIPluginTests. Failures:
#testBlitToAndFromExternalForm. Errors: { #testPoint2. #testPoint4.
#TestPointers}
- Evaluate: 'FFITestPoint2 defineFields. FFITestPoint4 defineFields'
(doIt in a Workspace)
- Run FFIPluginTests again. Failures: #testBlitToAndFromExternalForm.
Errors: 0
- Edit #testBlitToAndFromExternalForm to see what's the problem there. I
see it has CR characters. I do alt-a, alt-shift-u, alt-s. to fix them.
- Now all test pass.

Hope this helps.