[Cuis] New updates (Supporting packages with their own Git repository was: Loading StyledText using a script)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Jul 30 06:37:53 CDT 2013

Hi Folks,

I have just updated https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev
. When we are happy with this, I can do a 4.3 release, as the
enhancements to Features are quite important.

These changes include Ken's enhancements to support version ranges in
FeatureRequisite, and a couple of new convenience methods in Feature, to
enable things like
     Feature require: 'Sound'
     Feature require: 'Tests' version: 1.0
     (FeatureRequirement name: #'Sound' minVersion: 1 minRevision: 23
maxVersion: 3) require

They also support Benhard's suggestion for more flexible package
directory structure, without needing to specify the location of the
dependences. In Bernhard's words: "a) Search all subdirectories of the
image directory whose name starts with "Cuis-Smalltalk" (and possibly
subdirectories named Packages?) It would rely on the convention that
everyone names their Cuis package repositories accordingly. IMO this
would be good anyway for consistency and SEO reasons."

I also made the fullPathName of installed packages to be cleared when
the image is moved around, or when the saved path doesn't exist. But not
when image is saved and stored in the same place.

Finally, I also did some misc cleanup, fixed a couple of bugs you have
reported (blinking cursor in bold text, and failing extended clipboard
tests), and my own fix to a bug in precedence of inherited class
variables and globals, discussed recently in squeak-dev.

I still need to move StyledTextEditor to its own repo, and I guess a
million other details, but I want you to try this without additional delay.