[Cuis] New updates (Supporting packages with their own Git repository was: Loading StyledText using a script)

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 08:45:42 CDT 2013

Great updates, Juan. Thank you. I have a suggestion of a  small
additional requirement, see below.

--Hannes

On 7/30/13, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have just updated https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev
> . When we are happy with this, I can do a 4.3 release, as the
> enhancements to Features are quite important.
>
> These changes include Ken's enhancements to support version ranges in
> FeatureRequisite, and a couple of new convenience methods in Feature, to
> enable things like
>      Feature require: 'Sound'
>      Feature require: 'Tests' version: 1.0
>      (FeatureRequirement name: #'Sound' minVersion: 1 minRevision: 23
> maxVersion: 3) require
>
> They also support Benhard's suggestion for more flexible package
> directory structure, without needing to specify the location of the
> dependences. In Bernhard's words:

"a) Search all subdirectories of the
> image directory whose name starts with "Cuis-Smalltalk" (and possibly
> subdirectories named Packages?) It would rely on the convention that
> everyone names their Cuis package repositories accordingly. IMO this
> would be good anyway for consistency and SEO reasons."

Instead of "Search all subdirectories of the image directory"

do

"Search all subdirectories and siblings directories of the image directory"

End of last year and early this year we had the discussion how to
arrange the directory structure and what we agreed at was to have an
image directory and then the other packages residing in siblings
directories. I found that to be quite handy for github reasons.

At least for github is easier to manage if I have the image directory
and the repositories for the packages all on the same hierarchical
level rather than having the packages repositories residing in
subdirectories of the image directory.

If we go for
"Search all subdirectories and siblings directories of the image directory"
both options are possible, the one we  had earlier this year and the
one Bernhard prefers.