[Cuis] New updates (Supporting packages with their own Git repository was: Loading StyledText using a script)

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Tue Jul 30 16:42:35 CDT 2013

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:37:53 -0300
Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> I have just updated https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev
> . When we are happy with this, I can do a 4.3 release, as the
> enhancements to Features are quite important.
..
> I still need to move StyledTextEditor to its own repo, and I guess a
> million other details, but I want you to try this without additional delay.

Juan,

Cool stuff!

Two small suggestions:

FeatureRequirement>>install
	-- Method comment is bogus.
	Perhaps something like: "Preconditions have been satisfied.  I install the required package."

CodePackage>>save
	-- after checks (but before self writeOnStream: file), perhaps increment the revision number??
	 [Note helpers: Feature>>newRevision, Feature>>newVersion which return new Feature instances, but you might prefer to  side-effect/assign-to the instance variables]

--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com