[Cuis] New updates (Supporting packages with their own Git repository was: Loading StyledText using a script)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Jul 30 20:22:23 CDT 2013

On 7/30/2013 6:42 PM, Ken Dickey wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:37:53 -0300
> Juan Vuletich<juan at jvuletich.org>  wrote:
>
>> I have just updated https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev
>> . When we are happy with this, I can do a 4.3 release, as the
>> enhancements to Features are quite important.
> ..
>> I still need to move StyledTextEditor to its own repo, and I guess a
>> million other details, but I want you to try this without additional delay.
> Juan,
>
> Cool stuff!
>
> Two small suggestions:
>
> FeatureRequirement>>install
> 	-- Method comment is bogus.
> 	Perhaps something like: "Preconditions have been satisfied.  I install the required package."
>
> CodePackage>>save
> 	-- after checks (but before self writeOnStream: file), perhaps increment the revision number??
> 	 [Note helpers: Feature>>newRevision, Feature>>newVersion which return new Feature instances, but you might prefer to  side-effect/assign-to the instance variables]

Thanks Ken. I updated the repo after your suggestions. I also made the
package list show version numbers. However, I made revision number to
autoincrement the moment a package gets dirty, not on save. I think it
is better this way. Besides, if you increment major version number (from
an inspector so far!), the intended version number is actually used
(otherwise it would be modified again on save).

I couldn't help it, so I also did some cleanup in CodePackage :)

Still missing features include incrementing the major version number,
and showing and editing dependencies.