[Cuis] Cuis 4.2 is released

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Jul 28 14:13:16 CDT 2013

On 7/27/2013 11:38 PM, Ken Dickey wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 13:15:40 +0200
> Bernhard Pieber<bernhard at pieber.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Juan,
>>
>> Congratulations on the new release! This is definitely a very important feature.
>>
>> I can see how I load packages using the new Feature feature. However, I cannot find a way to specify dependencies of a package in the first place. Is there example code somewhere in the image?
> Ah.  You are seeing evolution in action.  Features allows to auto-load required packages, the UI, documentation, and significant testing for that matter is what we collectively are doing as time permits.  And Time has been pretty strict lately.  8^)
>
> Right now, Juan has been slimming down the image.  As a rule, for each announced release, I typically load a number of packages and look for breakage.  That is about the state of finding out what packages might be required.
>
> I mentioned that one can add two lines to a .pck.st package file to add the provide/require info.
>
> I suspect this will change a bit as we get more experience with Features and as change occurs.
>
> The lines marked with + are new.
>
>    'Description Solitaire Card Games'!
> + !provides: 'Morphic-Games-Solitaire' 1 16!
> + !requires: 'Graphics-Files-Additional' 1 nil!
>    !classDefinition: #CardContainerMorph category: #'Morphic-Games-Solitaire'!
>
> There should, and will (!) be a UI way to do this.
>
> Evolution in baby steps.. by busy people..

Yes... Lots of stuff yet not done... But I didn't want to delay
releasing Features. We'll keep working and discussing about them.

You can play with instances by exploring 'CodePackage allInstances', and
browsing the class. You can set the provided feature, dependencies, etc,
and save, then view the file in the FileList, etc.

(Please backup a copy of important packages of your own, just in case)