[Cuis] Github setup

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sat Jul 27 08:55:54 CDT 2013

Hi Juan,

May I suggest that you use more specific names for the repositories? I think the names of Cuis repositories should always start with Cuis-Smalltalk. (I really like the fact that Smalltalk is now part of the name for SEO reasons.) I forked your new Development repository and now it is named bpieber/Development. No indication that it is Cuis-Smalltalk.

In addition, I think you could easily avoid two repositories for Stable and Development by using branches and maybe tags. At least that seems to be the more idiomatic way of using Git. I believe it is also slightly less confusing for newbies.

So my preferred setup would be to have one repository named Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk.

I know, the changes mean some rework. But I guess now would be a better time than later.

Cheers,
Bernhard