[Cuis] Github setup

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Jul 28 14:17:49 CDT 2013

Hi Bernhard,

On 7/27/2013 10:55 AM, Bernhard Pieber wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> May I suggest that you use more specific names for the repositories? I think the names of Cuis repositories should always start with Cuis-Smalltalk. (I really like the fact that Smalltalk is now part of the name for SEO reasons.) I forked your new Development repository and now it is named bpieber/Development. No indication that it is Cuis-Smalltalk.
>
> In addition, I think you could easily avoid two repositories for Stable and Development by using branches and maybe tags. At least that seems to be the more idiomatic way of using Git. I believe it is also slightly less confusing for newbies.
>
> So my preferred setup would be to have one repository named Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk.
>
> I know, the changes mean some rework. But I guess now would be a better time than later.
>
> Cheers,
> Bernhard

You're right. If everybody agrees, I'll create two new repos:
Cuis-Smalltalk (stable release)
Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev (updated image, maybe preloaded with packages, and
update stream)

I'd rather not use a single repo with branches... Not yet, at least. For
newbies, the easiest would be to grab the "clone as Zip file" @
Cuis-Smalltalk. No need to install or know about Git and GitHub...

Thanks for the feedback!