[Cuis] Syntax error loading OSProcessV4-3-7.sar in Cuis 4.1-1739

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jun 27 20:39:12 CDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 04:19:05PM -0700, Casey Ransberger wrote:
> Aha. The wiki is out of date then and what else is new :)
>
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/708

Way back when, I used to use the wiki to distribute the latest and greatest
OSProcess and CommandShell. Then someone came along and invented SqueakMap
and SqueakSource, so eventually I caved in to the pressure of moving to modern
technology ;-)

But to be serious, I'm quite sure that I updated that wiki page at squeak/708
(which is still the home page for OSProcess) several years ago to refer to
SqueakSource as the location of the current development. It does not say
that now, so I wonder if some wiki updates got lost somehow ... maybe someone
restored the wiki from backups and we missed a few things? Or maybe my memory
is failing me ... hmmm.

> So I went to squeaksource.com and grabbed the latest OSProcess and
> CommandShell. OSProcess reports 4.5.6, and CommandShell reports 4.6.5 (note
> the juxtaposition, not sure if they should report the same number or not.)
>
> Is this the usual way to install the current stable OSProcess into a Squeak
> image? Or should I use SqueakMap instead?

Either way is fine. SqueakSource is the master repository, so if you want to
be certain of getting the latest version, that's a safe bet until such time
as SqueakSource goes belly up. And assuming that I remember to keep SqueakMap
updated, that will do the same thing.

Dave