[Cuis] simulate or alternative to traits?

Helmut helmut.preininger at chello.at
Mon Mar 11 07:22:33 CDT 2013

Hi

I try to build a small 'algebraic number tower' like Monoid, Group, Ring and
so on. There are some quirks. For example I have Monoid, OrderedMonoid,
Group, OrderedGroup ,.... (the situation is more complicated but this is a
first problem). The algebraic number tower is not a single tree and I want
to avoid double code. General: There are Methods that belongs to a special
Datatype and Methods that are generic.

To create a BaseClass with all functionality seems a little bit...

What are the possiblities in Cuis-Smalltalk to tackle this problem?

Cheers
Helmut.